Reverting payments from Paid back to Open on an Invoice

We have a client that pays via ACH outside the portal. My boss thought the client paid, so I marked the invoice paid when it had not in fact been paid. I want to revert back to “OPEN” but there is no way to do that. I don’t want to cancel and reissue an invoice on this subscription. Is this feature hiding or missing? If missing, it is urgently needed. Thank you.

Hi @Liz_Parsons,

Thank you for reaching out!

Since our Payments app runs on Stripe, manually marking an invoice as “Paid” also updates it in Stripe, which is why it’s not possible to revert it back to an open status once that change has been made.

That said, we’d be happy to void the invoice from our end, after which you can create a one-off invoice for the payment. Feel free to reach out to us at support@assembly.com with the invoice number and we’ll get that taken care of for you!

If you have any other questions, please let me know. We’re always here to help! :grinning_face: